Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Bridal Show Success + Extended Show Special

We exhibited in our first bridal show on Sunday. It was hosted by the Bridal Association of the Brazos Valley, an organization that we recently joined. All proceeds from the bridal show were donated to a local breast cancer organization.

Being that it was our first show, we had no idea what to expect. I've been to a bridal show before, but it was a HUGE one in Houston. I knew this would not be like that. But I did know there would be photographers there who are full-time and would have big displays. However, I was still blown away by some of their booths. They were beautiful with large canvases hanging and a lot of flush mount/press printed albums to flip through. Brides were definitely immediately drawn to their booths.

Our booth was not so much a booth..we were given a round table to exhibit on. So we just had a couple of large framed prints, a few smaller prints set up, and an album to flip through. I designed some literature to hand out as well. Overall, I was pleased with our first show. We could have been a little more creative with our booth..but that didn't seem to bother the brides. We had plenty of traffic and gave out tons of information. And, we actually booked a wedding at the show. Plus, we've had great feedback in just the 2 days since the show.

A spring show will be held at Reed Arena in February. I learned a lot on Sunday and already have ideas for the spring show if we decide to exhibit. I discovered some new album companies that I want to look into for flush mount albums.

So, here's the important part of this post. ATTENTION BRIDES: We are extending our show special. If you got information from us at the bridal show and are interested in booking, you will receive an extra $100 print credit added on to your package. Just send me an email to set up a consultation and mention the show special.

1 comment:

Magan Smith said...

Are there any album companies that I can use? I want to make an album for our wedding since our photographer didn't offer that.